Post/Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training
Time & Location
About the Event
This specialized Workshop designed for yoga teachers and YTT 200-hrs graduates who are interested in delving more fully into the world of pregnancy and yoga; Its mix of theory and practical exercises providing you with valuable knowledge and tools to teach yoga to pregnant women and new mothers safely and confidently.
Based on the teachings of Sri Krishnamacharya, and its branch of yoga therapy, you will discover the breath-centred pre and post natal yoga practices; breath work, relaxation and meditation techniques, that best support each stage of pregnancy, helping women prepare for birth and care for themselves after childbirth.
What to learn:
• Anatomy and physiology changes of pregnancy
• Psychological and emotional considerations
• Trimester specific techniques; How to appropriately and safely modify asana and movement
• Sequencing for prenatal classes
• Relaxation techniques: Restorative Yoga and Nidra yoga, Pranayama and meditations, mantras/affirmation/visualization
• Common discomforts of pregnancy and how to address them with yoga
• Safe modification and transition techniques
• Postnatal and how to get in shape
• Moms and Baby yoga classes for fun and back in shape